Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Let the stupid season begin
Whether we like it or not, the 2008 presidential primary season is upon us. My first temptation was to sit back, let some of the candidates eliminate themselves, and deal with the survivors in the fall. I don't have a strong favorite yet and I haven't eliminated any Democrat, except Mike Gravel*, but with the stupid comments already flying, I might have to change my plans.

"Slave state" Biden was thoroughly and properly raked over the coals last week for his clean and articulate Negros comment last week. This week, we have Clinton bringing up 9/11 in response to question about Iraq, and acting like she was the only one affected by it.
"As a senator from New York, I lived through 9/11 and I am still dealing with the aftereffects," Clinton said. "I may have a slightly different take on this from some of the other people who will be coming through here."

I'd just like to point out that, as a technical writer from Seattle, I lived through 9/11 and I am still dealing with the aftereffects. I may have a slightly different take on this from some of the other people. In fact, I think you might find about three-hundred-million different takes on 9/11 in this country. If we go abroad, we might find a couple more takes.

* There's a story here.

No comments: