Monday, November 27, 2006

I'm back
Like many bloggers, I vanished for the weekend to spend Thanksgiving with kin in another part of the country. In my case, Clever Wife and I went to visit my mother on the other side of the state. A nephew, niece, and their partners joined us. Like many Thanksgiving weekends around the country, ours, at least in part, revolved aroung family crises. Among them, my mother is back in chemotherapy. My father died not long before I began blogging and Mom got cancer soon after. My blogging has been interrupted about once a year for a new tumor and course of therapy. Every time it happens, I get more angry at life in general, and less tolerant of the silliness of our leaders and opinion makers. If I'm grumpier than usual for the next few weeks, that's why. At the same time, my job has gone into crazy overtime. If I write less than usual between now and Christmas, that's why. In any case, I might be around less for the next month, but I won't go away. If I give up on blogging about our leaders and stick to woolly mammoths and Nazi Yeti in flying saucers...well, you'll know why.

No comments: