Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Mmmmm, spinach
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Dr. Free-Ride has been craving spinach lately. I suppose it's a perverse sort of power of suggestion. When some people are bombarded with ten headlines a day that say "Deadly Spinach" it kills their appetite for spinach. Others, like me and the good doctor, only hear the "spinach" part and get home thinking, "you know what would be good for dinner? Some spinach." It doesn't help that my favorite vegetables are the dark green ones: spinach, broccoli, beet greens, mint juleps.
Last night I got a new cookbook and started browsing through it looking for something new to try out this weekend. Naturally, the first things that caught my eyes were various things florentine style. Every recipe I glommed on to ended, "...and serve on a bed of spinach."

Sigh. Maybe I should bake some cookies. There hasn't been an outbreak of killer chocolate, has there?

No comments: